11 Tips to Successfully Optimise Your Video Content
First, let’s get some facts cleared up; YouTube is the second most popular search engine after Google. Video content is simply,and will be an indispensable part of content marketing at the moment and for the future. If you are not including video marketing in your content marketing strategy, then you’re missing out on everything.
According to SEO strategists in the UK, video is one of the most powerful ways to distribute a message. Video content invariably proves effective and efficient provided it is correctly promoted, point out digital marketers associated with an SEO agency in the UK.
In the following paragraphs, we will discuss some tried and tested tips to optimise videos for organic searches.
Video content optimising for organic searches
- Choose a topic carefully: Your videos should contain something that the target audience will want to see. Some popular topics for video content include instructions on how to use your product, solutions to common problems and a total 360 degree view of a product. Viewers hardly prefer seeing a video made on a business organisation, unless it is a megabrand. You need to perform keyword research before making your video.
- Quality video, quality content: Make sure the video is structured efficiently and caters to the needs of your shoppers and searchers. Invest in professional video makers and make use of high-quality gadgets, including microphones to create top-class video content.
- Choose and design the thumbnail carefully: In most videos, the default thumbnail often shows something totally unrelated to the video. Choose a catchy thumbnail to boost the curiosity of the audience. Create an attractive title, which is relevant to the content. These factors will improve the click-through rate (CTR) of your videos.
- Consider video hosting: There are many ways of hosting your video. You need to consider the different hosting options carefully and go for the one that will benefit you the most. YouTube is the most popular platform to watch videos on. There are other options too like Dailymotion, Metacafe, Vevo, Twitch, The Internet Café and others.
You should also host the video content on your site. This helps in introducing your brand to the viewers in an easy but effective way. Take the necessary measures to ensure that your website loads the video fast. If your website can’t perform fast loading, hire a video hosting service or a content delivery network.
When you host videos on your site and others link those videos, they link your domain on which your products are placed. This offers a great possibility for ecommerce sites to have their SERP ranking boosted.
You can also host videos on your own and post them on YouTube, point out search engine marketers at a reputed UK SEO agency. Google is more likely to choose the YouTube version of your videos.
- Get your video properly structured: Consider your video content just like your blogs or textual content. It is important to optimise every single video page and categorise it according to relevancy. This category page must be linked to every video page. This navigation structure enables search engines to crawl the category page with greater ease.
- Optimise every video page: It is crucial that every video page is optimised with a title tag and meta description. This helps both search engines and viewers. The video title should be the main headline for the page. You can also consider formatting it with an H1 tag. The video should also have a short description, which must also be optimsied.
- Video transcription: Here’s some important information. Search engine algorithms do not analyse the content of a video. If you include a full transcript of your video content, it provides some added contextual relevancy to your on-page optimisation.
- Product linking: The ultimate goal of creating videos is to sell products. Link the relevant product or category pagesto the video pages. Alternately, the relevant video pages can also be linked to your product or category pages.
- Structured data markup: It is important to markup the video pages with the video schema structured data. This strategy boosts the chances of video rich snippet on Google SERP.
- Video XML sitemap: This XML sitemap should link to every video you post on your site. This makes you more prominent for search engine bots.
- Boost views and generate links: Lastly, never hesitate to promote your video on channels like your email newsletter, social media posts, your blogs and homepage. At an advanced level, consider promoting your videos to influencers in your industry as well as to the media.
DubSEO is a highly trusted SEO company in London. Search engine marketers working there suggest the tips given above are ideal to boost video content. For more information on relevant topics, please feel free to contact us.