What Everyone's Talking About
Posted on: Feb 11, 2017
Google uses hundreds of factors to rank a website in its organic search results. But, according to many SEO experts in London, all those factors are not equally important for the desired result. Actually the majority of the factors do not even have direct influence on a website’s ranking. Read on to know more about some of the important factors that are more crucial to secure first-page ranking for your website.
Some of the crucial on-page optimisation factors that will help your site secure higher online prominence are the following:
1) Using keyword in title tags – Google assigns a lot of relevancy to title meta tags, as this tag is meant to provide the accurate description of a webpage content. If you use a relevant keyword in a meta title, it will help Google to decide what it will rank the webpage for. The best practise is to place the keyword at the beginning of the title tag.
2) Using keyword in meta description – Using relevant keywords in your meta description tags will help gain higher number of clicks for a website, from organic search results.
3) Using keyword in H1 tag – H1 tag itself is an important factor, as it serves as a description of a page content. Thus, any reliable SEO agency in London or for that matter, anywhere else, not only uses unique H1 tags but also, adds relevant keywords to them.
4) Considering the content length – The quality and tone of your content is important to attract visitors to the website. Internet users want to update their knowledge base and so, Google appreciates informative and authoritative content. Your content can be lengthy, but it also has to be informative and interesting, apart from being grammatically error-free and original.
5) Importance of canonical tag – Experts at DubSEO, the renowned online marketing brand in London, suggest to focus on canonical tags. At times, it becomes difficult to avoid two URLs for the same website content. To prevent this circumstance from being a duplicate content issue, they suggest using canonical tags on your website. This tag informs Google that the two URLs are actually equivalent to each other and they both redirect to the same and identical webpage.
6) Optimising images – Apart from text, other media present on a webpage can also be optimised. For example, images when optimised with “alt text”, provide relevancy signals to search engines.
7) Issue of duplicate content – Using the same content in different pages may actually affect your website’s ranking in SERP. This issue is usually referred to as duplicate issue content. You should use unique, original and authentic content on every page of the site.
8) Content updates – Content that is freshly updated is more preferred by Google search algorithm. However, it is not necessary to keep editing the webpages all the time. Every commercial website has some commercial pages, like Product Description. You do not need to update such pages in regular manner. Rather, focus on updating the content on your blog posts to secure a good mileage.
9) Using keywords in URLs – Use relevant keywords in URLs (precisely, use the keywords in URL slug or the part that appears after the “.com/” of an URL) to make the pages more relevant to Google.
10) Internal links – It is necessary to have interlinked webpages on your site, as they pass their strength between them.
11) Outbound links – As far as outbound links are concerned, try linking to authoritative pages to boost your credibility to Google. Do not go for too many outbound links, which can reduce your page’s PageRank and affecting its visibility online.
1) The quantity or number of linking domains – One of the most important ranking factors is the number of domains that are linked to your website.
2) Domain authority of a linking page – All pages are not equal and so, focus on linking with pages that have higher domain authority.
3) The quantity of linking pages – Try to have more links from different domains instead of from a single one.
4) Relevancy of your links – According to many SEO experts, best practice that affects SEO factors is link relevancy. They believe in generating links from pages that have topics relevant to that of your page.
5) Authority of a linking domain – The authority of a domain that links to your site is also an important ranking factor.
6) The number of do-follow versus no-follow links – No-follow links are those that have the attribute: rel=nofollow. In a recent update, Google has clarified that it does not consider the number of no-follow links as ranking factor of websites.
7) Links generated from homepage – Although there is no clear knowledge on this, but a large number of SEO experts believe, links generated from a homepage carry greater strength than those generated from any other page.
8) Link diversity – A particular type of too many links is considered spam and it can affect your websites ranking on SERP. Therefore, get diverse kinds of links to boost greater prominence of your website in organic searches.
9) Link anchor – Anchor text is a powerful ranking factor and if it can be properly utilised, you can expect desired ranking of your website within a short time.
10) Contextual links –Links within a page content are more powerful than those at the sidebar.
Taking care of all the issues mentioned above is a time-consuming task. But, if you can invest the necessary time and effort, your website will definitely enjoy higher ranking in organic search results.