Know How to Build Quality Backlinks than Buying Them
Buying backlinks is often the quickest option to acquire them. Most marketers find it appealing if revenue generated by good ranking covers the cost of buying links. So, if you think buying backlinks is better, get into the details first! It may seem easy to win dozens of backlinks by hiring SEO experts or by contacting owners of Private Blog Network (PBN). You may even build bunch of profiles and add links to your website. Unfortunately, problems or penalties are still there! Here is what you need to be aware about-
- Buying Backlinks for SEO is against the rules: Google has clearly stated that buying or selling backlinks to improve your ranking breaches their guidelines. Google consider links as vote and paying for a vote is unethical! Hence, Google has introduced its forbidden link schemes:
- Buying or selling links that pass PageRank
- Excessive link exchanges
- Guest posting campaigns with keyword rich anchor text
- Use of automated services to create links to your site
In short, any attempt to manipulate search engines is violation of guidelines.
Watch your Business Grow through Digital Marketing and Search Engine Optimisation with DubSEO.
- How marketers buy backlinks: Some SEO experts venture to improve visibility over the Internet and purchase backlinks from people who have created their own Private Blog Networks (PBNs). Such PBNs are made of domains that have been around for years. Google does not like it and only wants to index information useful to users as opposed to indexing pages that do more than hosting backlinks.
- Tricky stuff around buying backlinks: Webmasters, who have involved PBNs in their activity, aims to hide form nosy marketers on the web. Because of it, bots of companies like Ahrefs and Majestic cannot crawl to such sites. If it looks like a site is blocking a lot of bots from crawling, Google may take that site as shady.
- Backlinks cost you: like any other services, PBNs are not free and depending on the reputation of PBN owner and discount coupon, the price may vary. There is no evidence that purchased links are live anymore and PBN owners even hide their site from crawling. Moreover, you will get a list of domains that shows you links with traffic flow (TF) and citation flow (CF) instead of pages containing backlinks. So, you will be operating with trust!
- Backlinks spin your content: It could be another reason to avoid PBNs and buying backlinks for SEO, as PBN webmasters create content just by spinning content on the web. Spinning or twisting content is the interest of blackhat enthusiasts, who use software to paraphrase it and avoid Google duplicate content penalties. The problem is that spinning software is not anywhere near perfect and creates spun content, which looks like a content written by child.
- Shortform content: Webmasters who host PBNs use shortfrom content and a backlink that you buy will often end up with an article containing 300-350 words. Remember that you will get much better SEO benefits with longerform content that backlinks rarely give you.
- It may cost you more: It takes a good amount of money, when you buy backlinks. In addition to that cost, you even pay more, when Google comes to know it. Do not forget that Google has been penalised tons of sites for buying backlinks. In order to fix this, reject use of spammy links from your digital marketing strategies.
- Google disvalues the backlinks instead of penalising: Google has started handling penalties differently than it has done till now. Earlier, Google used to penalise the sites, and webmasters, who were penalised had to reject the spammy links and they get back to their normal conditions again. Now, instead of penalising, Google disvalues the backlink itself. It is not like your site will be put under manual review for further improvement, but again you have to invest both your money and time.
- Google understands when you buy backlinks: Google has started seeing how things are linked to each other on the web. If it finds any irregularity in linking to common sites that sell backlinks, Google recognises it.
- Be ethical when link back to your website: It is totally ok, if you go with guest posting. Find someone, who does blogging and ask that person if you can guest post on his/her website. When you post something on some else’s website, it is obvious that you will link back to your own website and it is completely considered as one of the legal SEO factors. Just remember to keep backlinking natural. For example, if your guest post is about plumbing services, make sure to link back a part of your site relevant to plumbing services.
It is quite clear that instead of finding an easy way out, work on building healthy backlink profile by following Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. It is proven way to do things righteous to get long-term results. Even, Google is moving its focus from use of backlinks and ranking factor. Hence, understand business before offering SEO services, focus more on user experience (UX) and content instead.